The most common organizational and legal form of a company is
Limited Liability Company - Sosieta a responsabilita limitata (SRL)
- SRL in Italy can be managed by one manager or board of directors.
- The director can be both resident and non-resident.
- Founders can be both individuals and legal entities.
- The minimum share capital is EUR 10,000.
If the SRL has one member, then the authorized capital must be paid 100% by the time of registration.
If the SRL has more than one participant, an initial contribution of the authorized capital of 25% is possible. The remaining 75% of the authorized capital can be contributed at any time, no specific deadline has been set.
- The company is required to maintain accounting records and submit a balance sheet once a year.
Also quite often registered
Joint Stock Company - Società per azioni (SPA)
- At least 1 shareholder (natural or legal person) is required for registration.
- Director / directors can be shareholders of the company.
- The minimum authorized capital is 120,000 Euro, 25% is paid upon registration.
If the company is organized by one individual, the full amount of the authorized capital must be paid when registering the SPA - 120,000 Euro.
- An in-house auditor must be appointed to maintain accounting records.
Italian legal entities are subject to corporate income tax (imposta sul reddito sulle società or IRES) and regional production tax (imposta regionale sulle attività produttive or IRAP).
Tax rates are set in the following amounts:
- corporate income tax - 24%;
- regional production income - 3.9%.
The standard VAT rate in Italy is 22%. There are preferential rates for some goods and services.
We will help you register a company in Italy in accordance with current legislation as soon as possible. Our experts can explain the specifics of doing business in a given country and are ready to provide comprehensive support.